Sand House, Wedmore was built by the eminent cartographer William White in around 1750.
Described as ‘an outstanding home with exceptional views’, the Grade II-listed property sits in an elevated position overlooking some of the Somerset county’s finest countryside.
Incastone were contracted to repair and renovate the rear courtyard, with new flag stone paving and relaying of cobbles and re-pointing of the courtyard walls and repair of the steps.
We sourced over 30sqm of reclaimed Lias flagstones from local reclamation yards and laid these in a random pattern, pointed with a sand/cement/stonedust mortar.
We used a highland pebble decorative gravel to line the drainage channels and this complimented the soft tumbled cobbled pathway brilliantly.
Other works included the re-paving of a vaulted pathway to the side of the property and the renovation of steps and walling throughout the grounds.