The Priory in Abbots Leigh was built by the George family in 1832 and later owned by the Fry’s chocolate family.
Incastone were called in to replace a Llyandii hedge, 19m long and over 2.5 metres high with a boundary stone wall.
The hedge was removed during the snows of early January and the footings were dug. As the wall was a boundary wall, the neighbour opted to have their side as a complete stone wall with the client choosing piers at regular intervals with rendered blockwork panels in between.
Work commenced in January 2010, progress was hampered by the terrible weather but Incastone persevered and the project was completed early April 2010.
The stone used in the wall was reclaimed from the Red Cow public house in East Street, Bedminster. The Red Cow dated back to the 1790’s and once doubled up as the local magistrate courts. We sourced the stone from Bedminster Reclamation yard.
The stone will now spend the remainder of its days in Abbots Leigh offering a sheltered planting area and boundary security to the residents of The little Priory.
We also built timber framed vegetable planters here and edged a new vegetable garden as phase two.